The future in pipe supports for the Water Treatment and Process Industries.
QMEXX is the name for modular pipe supports that replace the many traditional workshop manufactured fabrications commonly used in the water and process industries.
A Midland Fixings brand, QMEXX pipe supports were developed to meet an industry need for supports that could be made on site and instantly adjusted and modified to accommodate site variations.
The downsides with traditional fabricated supports are the manufacturing times the frequent occurrences of the site situation differing from the drawing and requiring off-site modification of the support.
In contrast, QMEXX is a compact range of off-the-shelf components for assembling all types of pipe supports that can be instantly modified, quickly and easily on site.
The QMEXX system
Framo 80, the basis of the QMEXX system, is a clever multi-holed galvanised steel box section that combines light weight with high torsional strength making it ideal for constructing frames and supports.
A highly flexible system, secure and adjustable connections can be made to the section at any point and in any direction with thread-forming bolts using an ordinary impact wrench.
The QMEXX system combines three types of pipe clamping brackets, base plates and connecting brackets, with the Framo 80 section to create a highly effective and versatile pipe support system.
QMEXX features and benefits
- Flexible – made to measure on site
- Adjustable – instantly adjustable
- Adaptable – can be instantly modified to accommodate changes
- Corrosion Protected – fully hot dip galvanised system
- Load Rated – backed with straightforward load ratings
- Site Friendly – requires no welding
- Easy Handling – up to 80% less weight than traditional fabrications
- Off-the Shelf – no waiting for manufacturing
- Time Saving – minimal installation time and no downtime for modifications
- Cost Effective – reduces overall project costs