Design, Drawing & Fabrication
A complete service.
Mechanical and electrical contractors are often faced with challenges where standard products are not viable. With tight deadlines and factors such as loads and application dynamics to take into account, bespoke product combinations which are cost effective and innovative, offer the best results.
Understanding that we work in a high pressure industry, our engineering design team offers advice and support on a range of areas to help you find the best solutions. With experience in CAD, REVIT, SolidWorks, SketchUp and RSTAB, and a sound understanding of Eurocode and British standards, they are able to produce:
- 2D and 3D product applications
- Load assessments
- Structural analysis
- Structure optimisation and weight saving
- Deflection calculations
- Component connection design and stress analysis
- Fixings and anchor technical support
- Thermal expansion
- Technical advice
We have supported many electrical, mechanical and civil projects with solutions where conventional options have not been feasible, these have included roof supports, modular frames and pipe support systems. Ensuring deadlines are met, we apply the same principles of service and rapid turnaround to design solutions and manufactured products as to those supplied from stock.
- Deliver project on time with high quality solutions
- Gain a competitive edge with new innovations
- Customised solutions to your project needs
- Minimise waste during fabrication
- Cost effective
- Increased onsite safety
Current labour rates, health and safety risks, project schedules and other restrictions, such as hot works permits, make off-site manufactured solutions for pipework and containment supports an attractive option. Research suggests, prefabrication can shorten construction times by 30%, save 20% on materials, reduce onsite construction by more than 50% and lower onsite accident rates.
Our highly skilled team of engineers, fabricators and welders produce all manner of fabrications, from heavy duty fully welded and bolted frames, gantries and cantilevers to simple pipe stands and small scale brackets in both steel and stainless steel. We fabricate from steel sections, sheet, plates and laser cut components in galvanised, electro-plated powder coated and painted finishes. Fabrications include: H frames, trapeze hangers and modular support from strut channels and Framo box sections. All prefabricated bracketry is supplied ready for immediate install. Research findings show that contractors using prefabrication on more than 50% of their projects are not only more effective, but also expect to save over 16% of total annual labour cost.
Considerable time and wastage can be saved on site through having materials supplied cut to size. From just a few lengths to many hundreds, we offer a no-waiting service on cut to length threaded rods, channels and steel sections. Threaded rods have chamfered ends for easy nut-on use and strut channels can be supplied with or without capped ends.
Key advantages of having cut to length materials are removing the issue of handling long lengths on site, simplifying storage and reducing theft.
- Health & Safety: reduce onsite risks of cutting, no need for hot works permits and reduced excess waste.
- Efficiency: prefabricated frames supplied to site labelled ready for install, saving time and allowing for projects to be delivered on time.
- Quality Control: each of our fabrication projects is thoroughly checked before despatch to ensure consistency.
- Waste: eliminate excess offcuts such as channel and studding, and reduce the amount of onsite packaging.
- Cost: by increasing efficiency, cutting time and the excess of waste on site you can significantly reduce costs.
- Space: by removing onsite designated areas for cutting and assembly you can make more efficient use of space.
Understanding that we work in a high pressure industry, we apply the same principles of service and rapid turnaround to designed and manufactured products as to those supplied from stock.